Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So, I sell a few t-shirts through a site called redbubble.com. It's not anything like a profitable venture since I'm going through a middleman that I think is based in England; but it's a good bookmark until I release my first impending, independent tee line. It'll likely be a collaborative effort, so stay tuned for that.

The designs on redbubble are freaking random. That's because for the most part, the only things I end up making for t-shirt designs are either esoteric images that make me titter, or requests I get from friends wanting to sport a certain something. Surprisingly, the appeal is more universal than I thought. Particularly my design Karl's Animal which has, for some reason, become the most popular of my redbubble wearables.

Not many besides those who follow the adventures of Karl Pilkington will know his reasons behind creating this staring, feathered oddity of an animal. But he was right about one thing: the owl head looks nice to humans. It also looks nice on humans; a perfect example of which is my new friend Ashley, whose fiery, ginger glamour is giving my shirt FEVER.























I met Ashley through the infinite networking prowess of my friend Shonna, and I came to adore her very quickly. She's a fancy, real-life blogger whose adventures you can view here and get obsessed with. After spying on her infinitely excellent example of what proper bloggers do, I was inspired to emulate her and resuscitate my own flaccid web log. Shut up! Even the road to hell is paved with good intentions! Plus, I need somewhere to post these pictures of her making my shirt awesome.







































Yes, this lady is a tall drink of lovely, but don't worry. Randomness looks good on everybody! Work it, hermano!

6 comments:

  1. wall-e tread love is coming soon.

    you are amazing lil rascal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have shirt ideas. I think. Or I've had them. I'll get back to you.

    I'm Annie's boyfriend, hey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so freaking behind on my emails... and just saw your beautiful poem hehe!

    You are amazing and so is my new favorite shirt. That is all <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shirt! I definitely want to check it out! You are so great Katie! By any chance do you have any shirts with cute little keroppi type frogs...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Angie, I don't as of yet, but is this a request? Because that's where my shirt designs come from! :D

    ReplyDelete