Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Hansel Funeral Shirt

You know that scene in Zoolander where everyone attends the funeral of Derek's unfortunate roommates, and Hansel walks in with the usual scratch beat and entourage? And the COOLEST SHIRT/JACKET thing ever?? Yes, funeralgoers, stop and pay attention you should! It was amazing; it was a black shirt or jacket of some kind, with crude, white stitching running down the chest. It gives me skeleton/native american vibes, So, yes please.



My brother Stephen loved the shirt too. He kept suggesting we make them ourselves. The difficulty factor seemed minimal, so after like a million years, we finally sat down one weekend, watched a stack of movies, and made them. It got kind of time-intensive when I insisted that we use this shredding process I'd just discovered to make the white parts, but I think it was the best choice. The effect is surprisingly wearable; particularly when the wind blows. SO HOT RIGHT NOW.

4 comments:

  1. That is exactly what I am doing at the moment. I never thought someone else would have the same idea. Now that I think about it, it's not surprising. Zoolander's costume design is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how do I do this??? Awesome!


    Seriously, though, I want to do this, how?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this shirt! Please post a DIY or let us know if you will do custom orders...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeeeaah. I need this shirt.
    Like, yesterday.

    ReplyDelete