Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jónsi>Sleep>Sense

Sooo, a million years ago, my trusty associate Keith and I decided to attend the Jónsi show in Oakland. Hah, "decided"! More like, "compelled against all odds" -which we truly must've been, because the show was most wretchedly scheduled for a Tuesday night. It's amazing how minimal such details can seem when you're lost in the ecstasy of booking tickets. The anticipation of concert pilgrimage is top-notch at banishing all thoughts of logistics from my mind. But when the date creeps up and you only feel right in wrangling one midweek day out of the office, desperate measures are necessitated. We were able to spend one day running around San Francisco before the show, and then booked a hotel for a quick 40 winks before rising at 4 a.m. to get me back into the office by 9. Go do, indeed! Keith had dragged a perfectly lovely but perhaps unwitting friend into the wakeful whirlwind of our trip (poor Nick!); and the pair of them armed themselves with their fancy, smart cameras and expertly documented most of our ramblings. I have no idea how they managed to do this, since I seemed to have had a wad of chewed-up gum in my skull instead of a brain for the better half of this trip. Sleeplessness is a hell of a drug!

As are Keith's videos! Take me higher, homage:
{song: Tornado by Jónsi}

2 comments:

  1. Freakin' BAD. ASS. video, man! Awesome. I love you. And I love you too, Keith, even though we haven't met yet.

    ReplyDelete