Friday, January 28, 2011

drawers/drawers

If there is a something hideous around, sometimes I just spray paint it a color in hopes of improving it. This does not necessarily work on all surfaces however, particularly if that surface is a reject from some kind of country mystique collection from the early 90s. I could make the mint-green checkerboard and pink peonies on this dresser go away with a coat of plum, but the flower pattern that adorned the top was raised, and it remained to make my paint job look pretty fucking terrible. Until I just decided to even things out by tracing the four lonely flowers with sharpies, and continuing the pattern all over the dresser. Like I just know how many toothpicks there are.















































The insides got the red treatment:



















I put a monster on the back, so I could have the satisfaction of trapping it against the wall. It definitely resembles a wild thing. Monsters all be wantin to wear the same outfit.


3 comments:

  1. Katie! That is really cool looking! I can't wait to start going to yard sales and searching for things to transform! Maybe tomorrow I shall begin my 2011 search for ugly things to make beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT Angie! It really a'int no thang but a doodle. Let's hit up all the yard sales this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing! I've been thrift store shopping lately, I have this "suitcase" idea... ;)

    ReplyDelete